Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The national Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a self-governing unit that plans its programs and activities to meet the needs of children and youth in the community. Each PTA has its own characteristics, but its underlying purpose of promoting the welfare of children and youth unites all PTAs and gives continuity and nationwide significance to their work.
Purposes of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such unified efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Arlington Elementary Parent Teacher Association
The Arlington Elementary PTA is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children. We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential. We believe parents are children's first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child's educational experience. We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that the family may be defined in many ways. We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.